PRLog (Press Release) – Apr. 10, 2014 – MONTEREY, Calif. — Monterey, CA – April 10, 2014 – Today at the world’s largest bicycle festival, the Sea Otter Classic, Portland-based startup Project 529 announced a multi-year strategic partnership with leading cycling component manufacturer SRAM.
“We are ecstatic to have SRAM onboard as a strategic partner for our new digital cycling platform, Project 529,” said J. Allard, Project 529’s CEO. “Aligning our abilities in software and experience design with SRAM’s manufacturing leadership in cycling components will deliver exciting innovation for riders for years to come.”
Project 529 and SRAM have formed a strategic, multi-year partnership that includes sponsorship and strategic advisement in the development of a new digital cycling platform. The first component of this platform is premiering this week at the Sea Otter Classic, the529 Garage™. The 529 Garage is a digital bike registration and recovery system that empowers the community to take on the bike theft epidemic.
“SRAM is excited to partner with a team who shares our passion for cycling, innovation and excellence,” said David Zimberoff, Global Marketing Director, SRAM. “The 529 Garage demonstrates how technology, coupled with community has the potential to have meaningful impact on our industry and customers. Technology should benefit the cycling community, not the crooks. The team at SRAM is very enthusiastic about 529’s vision for a digital cycling platform and their initial steps with the 529 Garage.”
Project 529’s debut at Sea Otter incorporates several aspects of their campaign against bike theft:
- A petition urging Craigslist and eBay to require serial numbers on all bike listings
- An information booth (located next to SRAM’s mountain bike trailer) to demonstrate the 529 Garage and answer questions
- An event-based raffle of a SRAM XX1-equipped Santa Cruz Highball mountain bike featuring a Rock Shox World Cup SID and SRAM Roam 60 carbon wheels, custom painted by Splat Designs of Oregon.
- Partnership with Specialized’s Bike Valet where riders can have their bikes registered for free in the 529 Garage by Project 529 staffers
- The launch of the 529 Garage Preview website at www.project529.com
- The launch of the iOS 529 Garage Preview companion application at http://bit.ly/529Garage
Cyclists can experience the 529 Garage preview release or sign the petition at www.project529.com and download the mobile companion app for iOS at http://bit.ly/529Garage