Ride with GPS Challenge
A few weeks ago, we were chatting with our friends over at Ride with GPS, our favorite website for planning and tracking our rides, about what we could do to help drive awareness of the problem of bike theft and the importance of registering your bike. We decided that what better way to help spread the word than to motivate people to get out on their bikes. Together, we created the Catch That Thief Challenge, a 3-week riding event to get folks logging miles on their wheels and challenging them to “chase” the bike thief. We hope you’ll join along to put some miles on your bike and spread the word about the importance of registering your bike. Plus, there will be prizes.
Here’s how it works:
- Go to the Ride with GPS Catch That Thief challenge page
- Pick a weekly mileage goal of 35, 50 or 140 per week
- Use Ride with GPS to discover and plan some great rides
- From Aug 22 to Sept 14, take to the streets or trails to pedal away some of your bike theft anger
- Make it more fun by having your friends join in!
DID WE MENTION THERE WILL BE PRIZES?
At the end of the 3 weeks, we’ll be giving away an awesome Zipp 30 Wheelset to one lucky rider that completed their mileage goal. We’ll also be giving away 3 additional cycling prize packages full of cool stuff like a Bike Thieves Suck Tee, a SRAM bike computer mount, SRAM bar tape and bike registration kits. Head over to the challenge page for more details.
BONUS TIP: If you’ve registered your bike with us, you’ll have more chances to win!